The following must be taken every day for the rest of your life. Each surgical procedure has different requirements, so look at the list pertaining to your specific procedure.
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin / Mineral chewable tablet two times per day
- Calcium: Chewable, preferably calcium citrate formula. Take 1500 mg of calcium citrate per day with Vitamin D 400 IU. Studies have shown that using calcium carbonate post-operatively can result in kidney stones
- Vitamin B12: Sublingual B12 up to 5000 mcg per day or B12 injections from your primary care physician every month.
- Iron: Once per day. 18 mg for men and non-menstruating women; 36 mg for menstruating women.
- Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Chewable multivitamins once per day.
- Women: 1000–1200 mg of chewable calcium citrate with Vitamin D
Suggested vitamin protocol:
- Breakfast: Multivitamin/mineral with calcium
- Lunch: Multivitamin/mineral with calcium
- Dinner: B12 with calcium
- Bedtime: Iron